Packaging Engineer, Senior Level
(Injection Molding expert) – WORK REMOTE
Are you remote ready? Great opportunity for a senior level Packaging Engineer to do what you do best in the comfort of your home. You will be accountable for results, not tactical activities. As a Senior Packaging Engineer within our Global Product Development team, you will serve as a injection molding packaging technical expert across the organization, from operations to sourcing. This role will allow you to develop and execute processes necessary to optimize current packaging and to turn new concepts into reality. This highly visible role will employ your industry resources and knowledge to provide critical direction and ensure commercialization success of projects. Although this is a remote position, you will be required to travel to be on-site with trials and work with suppliers.
- Innovate and develop new and improved injection molded plastic packages.
- Work closely with package design firms and injection molded plastic suppliers.
- Plan and direct project activities, trials, and discussions with raw material suppliers.
- Provide internal project updates and manage project timelines and expectations.
- Perform package, production molds, suppliers and converting process validations.
- Create & edit package and part specifications.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required; degree preference in Packaging.
- Minimum of 10 years injection molded plastics experience from design through commercialization required. Experience should include one or more of the following: familiar working with outside package design firms, knowledge of injection molded plastic qualifications, product and process validation, developing new package concepts and optimizing of existing products.
- Formal training in injection molded plastics and package design using current design software is highly preferred.
- Must have the desire and ability to work independently, be self-directed and resourceful within the molded plastics industry.
- Travel of up to 75% will be required, including international travel. The travel is not a continuous stream, but could result in up to 75% at times based on what projects are in process.
As we understand that searching for employment can be a sensitive process, please be assured that your interest in this position will be kept confidential.
For more information, please visit Rockline Industries.
If you would like a job posted, please send a complete job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org