Senior Global Supply Chain Manager
Employer: Made for Retail, Roseville, MN
Recruiter: Soladay Olson | Marketing for Creatives
Summary of Position
The Senior Global Supply Chain Manager will develop and lead ongoing training, onboarding, and continuous improvement of the company’s internal team and external manufacturing partners abroad. This position is responsible for assessing all capabilities of the supply chain function, including but not limited to, managing a highly skilled team of supply chain managers, driving strategic growth within the manufacturing matrix, managing production placement, and ensuring all manufacturing documentation and compliance requirements are met. This position will report to the General Manager, will directly supervise Supply Chain Managers and Analysts, and will work closely with internal and external partners based in Roseville, MN, China and Southeast Asia.
- Use expert functional knowledge and critical thinking skills to define and resolve business challenges. Identify enhancements to support company vision, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Collaborate with internal supply chain and product development functions. Execute high-level strategies that enhance production efficiencies and meet product quality and margin goals.
- Effectively drive strategic pricing initiatives and negotiate contracts with vendors and customers.
- Strengthen working relationships with external stakeholders (i.e. customer supply chain and quality assurance, product testing providers, etc.).
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with targeted business opportunities. Analyze customer and market strategies and needs, potential and specific contract requirements, risks/rewards, and financial implications.
- Directly manage factory partners through appropriate evaluation processes. Includes proper documentation, ensuring safety and regulatory compliance (e.g. C-TPAT), and meeting production/product specifications such as raw material and component quality, and traceability controls. May include equipment investment advisement.
- Continuously improve operations of manufacturing partners by training, motivating, and reinforcing performance standards and best practices.
- In partnership with our supply chain leader in China, develop new manufacturing partnerships through rigorous analysis, hands-on training, and ongoing performance assessment. Create standard training tools for a holistic onboarding process.
- Gain insight into all levels of the manufacturing matrix to drive consistency in materials procurement standards, packing execution, and recordkeeping.
- Initiate and manage formal and consistent manufacturing assessments. Use tracking, reporting, and analyzing to positively impact costing and performance metrics across the supply chain.
- Teach internal cross-functional team how products are made and what drives execution ease and cost.
- Communicate in a consistent and timely manner with customers, peers, team, and leadership.
- Support execution of programs consistent with Made For Retail goals as well as customer goals.
- Collaborate with leaders in product development, design, financial, supply chain, and business development to implement business plans that achieve desired outcomes.
- Serving as team lead, guide Made for Retail’s supply chain managers and analysts with continuous development of their knowledge base and skills. Manager’s success depends on direct reports’ success. Enable and empower the team to improve their performance.
- In partnership with the Controller, evolve analysts’ processes to be more meaningful, rewarding, and effective.
- Conduct regular performance reviews according to Made for Retail’s talent management practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations management, or business management
- 5-10 years progressive supply chain or manufacturing management experience
- 3-5 years managing a highly skilled and dynamic team of supply chain managers
- Well organized with solid judgment when multitasking in fast-paced environment
- Quality Assurance experience
- Prior international professional travel and direct interaction with international clients/vendors (especially in China)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Meet requirements for valid passport and foreign entry visa attainment
- 20% international travel (1-2 weeks every other month)
- In written and verbal communication, articulate clearly. Drive dialogue with strong situational awareness. Maintain alignment with long-term strategies and objectives.
- Collaborate cross functionally to proactively increase the size and production competencies of our current manufacturing network.
- Demonstrate experience working in a small company environment.
- Understand and influence business processes to fit and protect timelines and schedules.
- Build credibility. Influence and interact with suppliers, clients, key stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese a plus.
In alignment with Made For Retail core values, this position will strictly adhere to the high set of moral standards that govern how we do business.
About the Company
Made for Retail is a collection of individuals who are passionate about design, retail product development, and global production.
Our approach is simple: Innovate and create desirable products that inspire us and our customers. Our organic process is thoughtful, clever, focused, and multi-dimensional in approach, leading to differentiated products with a well-curated perspective. We take pride in every product we create and strive for a collaborative and inspiring studio environment.
How to Apply
Submit your letter of introduction (indicate how your experience addresses the job description and include your salary requirement), your resume, and any pertinent case studies or examples of your related experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org. By applying through Soladay Olson, you will get a boosted referral and background information. No calls or agencies please.
If you would like a job posted, please send a complete job posting to email@example.com